Absit invidia

As the title suggests... no offence intended.

Rickshaw!!!


Here i go again... continuing my fascination about Mumbai..

To quote Javed Jafferey's rap about mumbai...." Mumbai such a lovely place where you survive if you got the pace". So it makes me think and wonder who has the pace in mumbai....
AND i think Mumbaites will agree with me here ............... the only one who rules the pace lane in mumbai are the auto risckshawala's ... what say...

These are super human beings living in plain sight without getting noticed...they have the power to race you through traffics at amazing speed and to create traffic jams with equivalent ease.
what can stop these monsters .. potholes??? naah ... speed breakers ??? naahh.... cops ??? no.. they are simply unstoppable. Unstoppable and hard to get.

Although the population is ever increasing for the rickshawala's they are pretty hard to hire.. take my word for it. My day begins with searching for an auto to my office, in fact seeking one and begging them to let me hire them is more like it..




the disgusted look on their face when you ask them " boss (destination) chalega" makes you feel like buddy ..... you have crossed the limit how in hell did u think u could ask me that question.

And on the top of it he wont even reply your query.. it would just be a plain grunt (no) or a nod suggesting u better get in before i change my mind...

Sometimes i wonder if my good freind Sameer Ansari had a very accurate reading of this behaviour... his theory suggested

All the autowala's are millionaires and they drive around only for the fun of it, cos any time u ask them they refuse, they don't mind travelling empty for great distances or staying put till the time they have an consensus on the destination. They dont drive for a livelihood ... its the kick they derive out of it... that keeps them ticking

Yeah that's the autowala's of mumbai for u..... whichever ways one cant even think about not having them around.... as they have formed an integral part of our lives.

"Can't live with them, can't live without them"



4 comments:

After the local trains--auto is the life line in Mumbai.

 

well written Mandy..the autowalas indeed show so much of attitude..

 

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I
care for such information much. I was looking for this certain info
for a very long time. Thank you and best
of luck.

Here is my blog post :: tanning lotion

 

Excellent post! We are linking to this great content onn
our site. Keep up the good writing.

Also visit my web pagee :: LA-Carpet Installation

 

Post a Comment